In the very near future, we will be issuing new technologies to all active students including Office365 cloud-based subscriptions and a student portal via Orbund. The following features will be available next week:
Student Email Addresses (ex. email@example.com)
Microsoft Word Online, Microsoft PowerPoint Online, Microsoft Excel Online
Microsoft OneDrive (cloud storage)
When Should We Expect These New Features?
Next week! You’ll see student email addresses and cloud-based apps available to you via Office365. Directions and login information will be sent to your current personal email address when the rollout occurs.
A second rollout will be made in early July. As a student, you’ll get limited access to your student portal via Orbund (certain features will be available while others won’t be ready yet). Directions and login information will be sent to your new WCUI email address when the rollout occurs.
There will be many more rollouts to come. Please check your email for future announcements.
Roll Out #1: Office365 (Student email, cloud-based apps)
- Office365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together the best tools for the way people work today. By combining best-in-class apps like Excel and Outlook with powerful cloud services like OneDrive and Microsoft Teams, Office 365 lets anyone create and share anywhere on any device.
- With Office365, students will have a student email (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and have the ability to create documents using the cloud-based apps of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and more!
Roll Out #2: Orbund (Student Portal)
- Orbund is a powerful Student Information System that WCUI has partnered with to ensure students, through a student portal, will have access to their information, be able to communicate online with staff and faculty, and make pay payments online.
- Note: Not all features will be available when released to students.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions.