According to the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) the need for sonographers with musculoskeletal ultrasound certification has increased in the industry.
- 90% of surveyed sonographers stated they have noticed an increased demand for musculoskeletal sonography.
- 71% of surveyed sonographers reported conducting more than 100 diagnostic medical sonography exams per month. Compared to MRIs, musculoskeletal sonography can be performed quickly and can scan in real-time!
Through a survey conducted by the ARDMS they learned that sonographers have used the RMSKS certification to help them:
- Assess bone, muscle, tendon, ligament, nerve and soft tissue pathology and tears.
- Assist with interventional procedures, injections, and ultrasound-guided carpal tunnel release.
- Increase their employment opportunities and work in orthopedics, radiology, rheumatology ultrasound, and sports medicine & more!
- Provide value and specialized knowledge to their hospitals or clinics, and
- Secure employment because not many sonographers have obtained the RMSKS credential because the RMSKS program is still very new.
To address the increase in demand, WCUI School of Medical Imaging and Nursing offers courses in musculoskeletal ultrasound as part of the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree program. The 36-month bachelor program provides a more in-depth journey into vascular, obstetric and gynecologic, abdominal, and musculoskeletal sonography along with all the other protocols for diagnostic medical sonographers.
Interested in learning more? WCUI is currently enrolling for the Spring term! Call (888)-315-4993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
For more information on the RMSKS certification visit: https://www.ardms.org/benefits-of-earning-a-musculoskeletal-ultrasound-certification/